Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 108 of 108 ...& Today

Wow, I made it to 108. :) I can definitely say that I wouldn't have made it if I had stopped every time I "messed up". The thing I learned from this adventure is to not make a big deal over mistakes or bad choices. The readers of this blog taught me that lesson & I am very thankful. (-Thank you! You reminded me to keep going & to not be hard on myself.) My diet has gotten so much better from keeping my head forward & not looking back. Never mind that things are not perfect, do what feels best long term. "Does eating more fruit make you feel better? Then keep doing it. Forget about the rest." That is what I tell myself when I have regrets about something I ate, or I wonder why my diet seems so different from the average american. "Who cares?! Just do what makes sense to you! Don't worry about what others are eating, don't worry about what you ate last year or yesterday. How do you feel today? Chose the best for yourself at this moment." The other thing I learned was that I should trust in abundance & buy high quality fruit. It has made a huge difference for me. Eating tons of cheap bananas does not feel as good as eating what calls me, or what looks best to me at the market. I do like bananas. But I like better the idea that the universe is abundant & I should eat whatever I have access to that I find appealing. (Pun intended!) The last few weeks of eating almost exclusively in open markets has been wonderful. A great experience that I want to keep up. I feel much more satisfied eating exotic fruits, local greens, wild herbs & small farm (or backyard) fruits than the mass produced supermarket organic or conventional fruits that I was eating before. My whole being feels the difference. Another thing I realized over the last 108 days is that sometimes I want to eat roots. I don't crave them often, but sometimes I do. Sometimes a dressing made with beets or carrots is really lovely. Having a diet of all fruits, or leaves & fruits sounds ideal. But the truth is, I still like some roots or veggies. I'm a fruit lover. No doubt about that, but I do love veggies too.

TODAY-
Sleep: 7.5 hours, slept really well.
Sunshine: Had lunch outside & walked errands in the sun.
Love: I love doing kriyas everyday. I'm having a blast!
Joy: 2 hours of kundalini yoga.
Gratitude: Grateful I had some frozen bananas in the fridge when I ran out of fresh fruit.
Bliss: Reading something that really moved me. (Written by Swami Sivananda Rhada.) It was like 5 pages long, so I can't share it all. But here are two or three lines of it…
"True security is recognizing that there is a power greater than ourselves that takes care of us."
"It is in the ashes of our illusions that we find truth."
"What is important is to cultivate a commitment to giving back to life and a willingness to see how many blessings life has given us."
Juicy-lusciousness: Banana-nettle green smoothie / Durian / Chopped cucumber-bitter melon-avocado-plum tomato salad

Yesterday's Juicy-lusciousness: Oranges / Durian (for lunch & dinner)

4 comments:

greenmama! said...

Congrats and thanks for sharing this journey. You are an inspiration!

:) Marjorie

Maite Ikaran said...

Congratulations Aimee, keep inspiring us!

AIMEELOVESYOU said...

Thanks! You too! I featured you & Fernando on my other blog..

http://sundayisforlovers.wordpress.com/

You both always inspire me. :) So I guess it comes full circle, like everything else in life. Xo!

AIMEELOVESYOU said...

Thanks Marjorie! You've been so helpful along the way. Always helping with great feedback. I really appreciate it. Really-really. :) Thank you!

Blog directory