Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Today

“Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling.”- Margaret Lee Rumbeck
Sleep & Rest: Maybe 7-8 hours of sleep. I'm not sure cause I had a hard time falling asleep.
Yoga Practice: Does a "Zen mind" count? This guy at the produce shop (literally) snatched a bag of baby bananas out of my hand (that were discounted because they were ripe, which means they are like GOLD!). At first I was shocked that he took my bananas, but then I laughed about it. He is either a bit crazy, ..or a monkey. Who else would get that excited about bananas?! Besides me. :) (hee..hee..) I'm "bananas" for bananas too I guess. Wouldn't snatch for 'em though! Maybe if it were a bag of Candy Stripe figs. Then I might have to get wild. The animal side would come out. -Rarrrrr! (They are that good!)
Sun & Air: Went for a run/walk/climb/carry outdoors.
Sweat & Fun: Went for a 2 hour combo; "chop-chop" walking, a lil' jogging, stair climbing/running (2 sets x 15), carried a heavy fruit load home for 45min-1hr (-ugh!).
Fruity Meals: Banana-strawberry-apple smoothie / Bag of mixed figs (including Candy Stripe!) / Frisee salad with mixed fruit-veggies mashed in / (Not sure what's next!)
Creative Work: A little of everything. But definitely got webwork in.
Brave Move: Buying a last minute ticket to Los Angeles. Ugh. Totally don't have the time/money to go. But my friend needs my support. She havin' a baby! I gotta be there to see it come into the world. I just gotta.
Give * Share: Bought a tix to LA to be there for a friend. Gave a listening ear & some feedback. Offered to share my veggie-fruits (avocado, tomatoes, cukes, etc.). Gave forgiveness to the rude banana guy (or gorilla!).
Incorporeal Bliss: Color is always a big one for me. Feeds my eyes & soul. Saw lots of fuchsia & violet today. Also, washed my hair with cold water. Bliss! So refreshing.

1 comment:

Sharanya said...

Hi Aimee:
Sorry havent been in touch.You made me laugh with that banana episode and You are such a wonderful soul,I wish everyone had a friend like you,the kindness and unselfishness to go to help ur friend.:)).Loved reading all ur posts and Yay,have fun in the yurt!!

Blog directory