Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 9 of 108

Well, it happened. The grocer kept his word & sold me three cases of citrus at cost. No mark-up or profit. What a sweetheart! I'm so grateful. Today I brought home 150 pounds of fruit! -Crazy.

Seeing the color of this much fruit is such a treat. The neon orange tangelos, pinkish-yellow grapefruits & the classic orange oranges are a feast for my eyes. Mmmm....

I'm not sure if I will stick to my idea of all citrus for several weeks. Feeling like my leafy greens & fruits for 108 days is enough of a plan for now. Kinda of want to just leave it at that & eat plenty of citrus or all citrus as my heart calls for it. (-I have plenty here!) Plus, I have two parties to go to this weekend. Both are  raw friendly & fruity. One is a Haiti fundraiser event on Saturday & the other is a Valentines Day party on Sunday. So I'll just bring some citrus with me, but if they have other fruits I want to have, I may have some. I'm going to play it by ear. We'll see...

5 comments:

Rawkstar said...

That is sooo awesome! Have fun at your fruity parties this weekend! I am doing fruit and greens as well. So far so good except I did have a little almond milk this morning. Oh well. I am loving the fruit and you are right the colors are a feast for the eyes. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hello Hello!

I nominated you for the sunshine Award;-]

♥XoXo♥

AIMEELOVESYOU said...

Thanks HippieMom! ;D) You are too sweet. Wow. Xx.

-&-

Rawkstar, have a super leafy-fruity fun weekend.

*♥ Happy LOVE day to the both of you! ♥* -Xo! :)

greenmama! said...

What a nice gift from your grocer!

Enjoy your citrus.

Marjorie

AIMEELOVESYOU said...

Thanks Marjorie. :) Xx...

Blog directory