Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 10 of 108



Today was another amazing day. True story.

This morning I woke up feeling run down. Had a slight cough, sore throat & a funny sounding voice. I don't think that I am sick, just over doing it lately. Taking on more than I should & packin' my days to the brim with stuff I like & want to do. Plain & simple, I've been over doing it & my body wants rest. Anyway, I decided that it wasn't a good idea being out in the cold all afternoon & didn't make it to the brunch I had scheduled. It was quite disappointing. I was lying in bed thinking, "I sure would like some durian". After that, I got up & started to eat some of my lovely red grapefruits. (-So good & juicy! No complaints at all.) As I was eating the phone rang. It was a friend of mine calling out of the blue. They asked what my favorite fruit was & said they would bring it over for me. I said, "What? Are you serious?" (This person lives in mid-town Manhattan & I live in Brooklyn.) I also said that I would love some durian, but you can only find it Chinatown. They said, "OK, no problem, see you in an hour!" (Is this for real? Why is everyone being so nice to me lately?) They did find the durian. (-Yay!) They also found some starfruit & cherries that they were excited about (-& I was too!). We had a lovely fruity morning together. We had a blast! My dull run-down morning turned into an exotic feast! After they left I felt totally energized, ..& I sounded less funny & more like more regular self. I felt so loved. :) Life can be so much fun when you just watch it happen. I've heard many successful & inspirational people say that when you find your path or stay true to who you are, miracles happen. The world opens up to you. You experience more & more synchronicity. You also get more of what you are about. I guess I've been thinking lots about fruit. -Cause that is what I'm gettin' lately! Pretty amazing.

Today  I ate:
Red grapefruit
Durian, starfruit & cherries! (Gift from a friend. -Thank you! :) Xx..)
Zesty spinach soup

*Zesty Spinach Raw Soup Recipe* (makes 3 servings)
Put the following in the blender; first add 3-4 medium size vine ripe tomatoes chopped & the juice of a lemon (maybe only 1/2, depending on how zippy you want your soup), 1 jalapeno pepper (I like it HOT, maybe only 1/4 would be better for those that aren't as crazy as me, - Or maybe none! Depends on how hot you like it), loads of spinach if you like it like I do (or just 2 cups will do), 2 small-medium sized yellow squashes chopped, a few whole scallions without the roots, a few garlic cloves & 1/2 an avocado (you can add more if you like a creamy soup). Then blend it all until smooth. You can add a little chopped scallion, tomato & squash on top for color & texture. I eat the soup with a spoon, but I also eat it with romain heart leaves whole, dipped in for fun!
:)

No comments:

Blog directory