Thursday, May 7, 2009

14 DAY CLEANSE for Spring!


OK, as you know I posted a few times about trying 80/10/10 (a low-fat raw vegan lifestyle, roughly 80 percent carbohydrates, 10 percent protein and 10 percent fat.), instead of my usual raw foods with lots of avocado, occasional olives and salad dressings made with seeds. Well... if you have been tuning in to my daily food habits you will see that I s-l-o-w-l-y veered off the 80/10/10 track and haven't been back. All you see is my total calories, so you don't know what percentage the fat is, but I can tell you it's more than 10 percent! Try loading your food intake for the week (or day) in Nutridiary. You will be shocked how much fat is in everything, including leafy greens, fruits and vegetables. It's a free service, so you can use it with no cost to you. (That is were I find all of my calories for this blog.) 

So here is the plan, ..I want to get in shape and do a bit of 'spring cleaning'. As you know I also started a "Hot, Raw and Rich" challenge. Time is flying by, so I need to pick-up the pace! My plan is to eat from a limited menu (of mostly fruits and leafy greens) for 14 days. If I'm happy and all goes well I may add another 14 days, then maybe another. We will see how well I am doing on it and if I'm looking healthier and feeling happier. Who cares about getting clean and losing weight if you're miserable! If this cleanse makes me happier inside and out it's working! If this helps to me to fully understand how it feels to be low-fat raw vegan and make it stick as a lifestyle, even better!

The cleansing diet;
Fresh citrus juices 
Fresh vegetable juices (no fruits added, just vegetables)
Green smoothies (simple combos, no more than three ingredients)[see video]
Whole fruits (mono meals only, this includes non-sweet fruits)[see video]

Keys to success on this cleanse;
Not eating after 5pm -When I eat my last meal at 3pm I feel amazing! If it's at 5pm it's OK, as long as I stop eating at least 3 hours before dark. I want to make this a way of life for me. I know it works. My sleep, and everything else improves when I do this. I just haven't made it a discipline. -Yet! But I will. [see link]
Positive thinking and affirmations -Listening to CDs by Jon Gabriel, Abraham-Hicks, Eckhart TolleByron Katie, Ram Dass, or listening to Mozart, Louis Armstrong or Aretha Franklin, anything that lifts my vibration and spirit.
Doing what you love and focusing on that -Keeping busy on what I'm doing that I consider important. When I'm in 'the flow' I'm not thinking about food. I'm definitely not thinking about what I am missing, because I am 'whole' and content in that moment, in that experience. I don't need or want anything else.

Additional cleansing habits;
Sweating (it will be hot yoga or running for me)
Tongue scraping (-helps to remove the white coating on tongue from detoxing)
Occasional enema or colonic 
Tibetan 5 Rites (-it gets that blocked energy moving)
Sunbathing (or spending time out doors)

No comments:

Blog directory