Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Getting Ready....


I just wanted to give you the latest scoop & fill you in on what's next.

An order of Cocktail fruit, bananas, papayas, cantaloupe & oranges arrived yesterday.
A box of Hachiya persimmons arrived today.
An order of Bahri dates is on it's way.
And order of black sapotes & canistels was placed today.

Besides the dates (that haven't arrived yet), none of the fruit is ripe. The first order that came yesterday will probably be ready on the 10th. This is perfect, because my plan was to start eating & blogging meals on the 12th of January. So everything is falling into place nicely. All of my non-sweet fruits, veggies & greens I will get fresh as the days go. I'll have some ready for the week of the 12th as well. Tomatoes, cucumber & spinach are on the top of my list. Yum!

See you next week! Xo....

*Pic of Cocktail fruit (aka Cocktail grapefruit, but it's not a grapefruit) above. It looks ugly, but I heard it tastes really good!*

2 comments:

Linda in the Raw said...

Where do you order your fruit???
I've been looking for a place to order persimmon!!

AIMEELOVESYOU said...

My persimmons were shipped from California. They are from a friend's personal tree, so they are not from a company. I can usually find persimmons at local produce markets here in NYC. But I LOVE that persimmon tree that is in Cali, so I was eager to taste its fruits this winter & have them shipped to me. I'm getting the organic Bahri dates from 'www.oasisdategardens.com' & the tropical fruits will be from 'Taylor's Tropicals'. I wrote about it in an earlier blog post; http://nastyfruit.blogspot.com/2009/12/yesterday-i-ate.html

Linda, keep me posted if you find good places to order fruit from. I will definitely post my orders & findings on the blog.

Xo!
A. :)

Blog directory