Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year! ;) UPDATE


I just completed 10 days of my silent retreat. It wasn't exactly silent. I did have a few calls from close friends & family that I chose to answer. Other than that, it was me, at home, in my bed on most days. I did do some very lite exercise & I did read plenty. I also worked on a few creative projects, because ideas kept popping in my head. I think my mind was clearer & it allowed ideas to flow. Another thing I did was fast. I drank only clean plain water, no food or drinks since December 22nd. This was much easier than I thought it would be. The plan was to be on my silent retreat & fast until January 1st. But it went by so fast, I want to extend it. I think what I will do is, do a modified silent retreat (some emailing & talking, but much less than usual) & fast. I will continue with water only until I feel like it's time to stop (there are also two signals that I will look for; pink tongue or hunger felt in the throat). Or, if it gets close to 21 days, that will be enough for me. I definitely won't go longer that that. No matter what's going on. I'll probably go to 14 days, and play each day by ear after that. 
So,.... I won't have any food to report until the 12th of January probably. (Which is my Birthday. -Yay!) But, if you want to see what I am up to until then, I'll be posting exercise (very lite exercise) on my 30Bananas-a-day thread. I will also be tweeting daily on Twitter. I won't start it until January 2nd. So check in then, and from that point forward, it will be a daily thing. There is also my weekly blog Sunday Is For Lovers. You can get the latest scoop on my week there. 
I'm looking forward to filling you in on the latest eats in 2010. I really enjoyed blogging all of my meals this year. It felt great & it reminded me of how much I love to eat fruits & veggies (mostly fruit though). This was my best year for many reasons, and I look forward to making 2010 even better! -Cheers!


*♥ *Wishing all of you an amazing, fun, healthy, creative, loving & blissful New Year. Lots of love & big hugs.*♥ *  XO! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, sweetheart!

I'm so glad to hear all went well :D

I'm just relaxing and taking it easy, without a specific plan but all I know is that this year fruit is what's on the menu because my new year's resolution is to be 100% raw!

xxx
Tina

Anonymous said...

****Happy New Year**** Nice to hear that you are doing great silently ;-D That IS amazing!
Wishing you all the best.
XoLOVEXo.

Anonymous said...

Ciao Ciao Bellissima;-] I nominated you for the HAPPY blog award..Have fun!
XoXo

Blog directory