Friday, January 22, 2010

Here is the plan...



Drum roll please..... ;) My diet of choice for this challenge will be 101 days of fruits & leaves only! [Update: changed to 108 days on 02/02] This is usually the bulk of my diet, but I still include many other things. So the next few months will be a big challenge for me & that is exactly what I want.

I've made a list of what I don't plan on eating & where my focus will be in terms of choosing foods.

I will not be eating the following;
Complicated fruit mixtures
Dry fruits (unless soaked or moist)
Oil of any type
Salt of any type
Pasteurized fruit juices
Root or tuberous vegetables
Winter squashes or gourds (-even though they are classified as fruits)
Cacao (-even though it is classified as a fruit)
Nuts or cashews (-even though they are classified as fruits)
Soybeans or mung beans (-even though they are classified as fruits)
Seaweed or fruits from the sea
Cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, kale, etc.)
Stalk vegetables (like asparagus, celery, fennel, etc.)
Cooked food of any type
Animal products or flesh
Peas or regular beans (like pinto, garbanzo, etc.)
Grains or cereals (like rice, wheat, oats, etc.)

I will eat -but limit, the following;
Seedless fruits (comercial/altered fruits like bananas, grapes, watermelon)
Fatty fruits (like durian & avocado)

I will eat & focus my choices on the following;
Fresh whole fruits (like persimmons, sapotes, melons, berries, cucumbers, etc.)
Veggie-like fruits (like tomatoes, zucchini, okra, bell pepper, green beans, etc.)
Soaked dried organic fruits (like mango, figs, prunes, etc.)
Fresh edible bulbs and flowers (like chives, scallion, marigolds, pansies, etc.)
Soft leafy greens (like baby spinach, lettuces, arugula, etc.)
Fresh culinary herbs (like basil, cilantro, oregano, etc.)

I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens on this journey. I know I will learn a lot & have many unique experiences. I'm curious to see what changes I will go through physically & spiritually. I know that when my diet is clean & simple, I am much more balanced. I can also function on a higher level. I tend to have lots of energy & more patience. I also feel so much more, including more happiness. So whatever the obstacles will be over the next few month, I know it will be well worth it if I stick it out. I have no doubt that this will change my life for the better.

I would like to begin with 7 days of water only. Now that I have some experience with it (& enjoy it), I would like to do it for a bit before I start the challenge. Today I only had water & I feel really great. My energy has been consistent & balanced all day. Sweating for 2 hours in a Russian Bath House, running around Manhattan & working on projects all day didn't take more energy or require any food. I did all these things easier today, than yesterday when I was eating! It's all very interesting.

So I will see you here next week. This coming week I won't post because it will just be water. But I will start eating next Friday & tell you what I ate that day. I have a feeling that it will be citrus (cause I have tons here that I will need to catch-up on, but it might be tropical too, cause that order is here as well). I'm already fully prepared for the challenge! Everything is ready.

Also....
Here are a few links you might enjoy;
Leaves aka leaf vegetables
Fruit is a structure of a plant that has seeds
The difference between a fruit & a veggie
Fun fruits facts for kids (& adults) - link 2 & link 2
Culinary Herb Guide

:) Xo!
...

No comments:

Blog directory