Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Today I ate;



2 liters of water
Bananas
Lots of chopped Dandelion-cucumber-tomato salad 
with a sweet sun dried tomato dressing*
Lots of Medjool dates (after for dessert)
= 2250 total calories for the day

*The sweet sun dried tomato dressing was really good! Here is the recipe; It's organic (sulphide free) sun dried tomatoes, plum tomatoes, celery, lemon juice, garlic and Medjool dates. Blend it all on the highest speed. (Remember to put the juicy fruit & liquid in the blender first. That way no water is needed.) For thin sauce put more cucumber and fresh tomato, for think sauce add more dates. For more 'kick' add fresh herbs or fresh hot pepper.

So I'm still on a dandelion kick. I feel really good eating lots of it right now. I even checked out it's nutritional profile. Nutridiary.com said that it's 68% Carbohydrate/ 12% fat/ 20% protein. It just makes me think, every time I'm asked, "Wow, you eat so much fruit, where do you get your protein?" I'm sure I get it from my greens (..it's in fruit too though). Strong animals like oxen, horses, etc., are also sure they get it. They don't need to eat chicken breast to build their muscles or to be strong. A horse could eat some grass and apples and feel complete. As long as you are eating a variety of different foods (with amino acids) like fruits, vegetables & leafy greens you're are in great shape. If you feel you need a lot more there is always algae, nuts, seeds, etc. Another site I found today called NutritionData.com has some interesting things to say about the nutritional value of food. (The numbers were slightly different from Nutridiary.) I looked up kale, then I looked up chicken breast. Check it out for yourself (<--just click my links), very interesting. Kale is low fat, high protein and anti-inflammatory. Chicken breast (the 'healthiest' part of the chicken) is low fat (without the skin, high fat with the skin), very high protein & inflammatory! Not good. Compare all the data charts (on the links), there is no contest, I vote kale!

No comments:

Blog directory