Friday, June 19, 2009

Today I ate;

Wow, things are really changing. This morning I woke up craving dandelions. I made a big dandelion & cucumber salad with a celery/pine nut/tomato dressing.  No oil, no salt, no vinegar, no sweetener. It was perfect. Pine nuts are not on the fruity program. But I put them in cause I had them here. Even though I haven't been strict with the new diet I'm really changing from the inside out. I see the changes. My hopes in doing this fruity challenge were to change my taste buds. To develop a pallet that loves simple pure foods, mostly in their natural state. This is definitely happening. I'm eating more fruit mono-meals and the salads are much simpler than before. I no longer rely on bottled dressings or marinated foods (like olives) for a tasty green salad. Also, most of my meals have been fruit or fruit based (lots of cucumber & tomato). I haven't needed to buy expensive complicated foods like dehydrated crackers & chips, nutty granola, seaweed seasoning, food bars, raw soy sauce, special seed oils (like flax & hemp) or other pre-made raw dishes to eat at home. Eating out or at raw gourmet restaurants has been less frequent and less desirable. I was doing it much more before. This is good news! ...Change is coming.

Health Benefits of Dandelion
Prevent or cure liver diseases, such as hepatitis or jaundice;
Diuretic to purify your blood & cleanse your system;
Dissolve kidney stones & improve gastro-intestinal health;
Assist in weight reduction;
Cleanse your skin and eliminate acne;
Improve your bowel function, relieve both constipation and diarrhea;
Prevent or lower high blood pressure;
Prevent or cure anemia;
Lower your serum cholesterol by as much as half;
Eliminate or reduce acid indigestion & gas buildup by cutting the heaviness of fatty foods;
Prevent or cure various forms of cancer;
Prevent or control diabetes mellitus;

..and, at the same time, have no negative side effects and selectively act on only what ails you. You can use it religiously at first to solve whatever the problem is and then consistently for preventative body maintenance. [Link for more info]

No comments:

Blog directory