Sunday, June 14, 2009

Today I ate;



1.5 liters of water
500ml of Yogi tea
Fresh orange juice
Honeydew melon
Bananas
Tomato, cucumber, red bell pepper salad
with chopped dandelions, fennel & dressing (<-- I ate a lot! And the fennel & dressing is not on the program. I actually think I was really thirsty from exercise.  I confused it with craving something heavier to eat. I should have drank more water first, then waited to see. The salad was really good though. I'm making up for the water intake with tea and water. Tomorrow I will go back to drinking a liter of water after I wake up. It's so important.)
= 2090 total calories for the day

So far it's been a bit 'on and off' (of the program), but I can definitely see a difference. I notice that when I do eat off the program I'm looking for high water content food. Like today, (and the other day), I had a big salad with veggies and a little dressing. In the past my dinner habit was a super big dark green leafy salad with nut pate, a zucchini hummus or lots of avocado, olives and dressing. It was very high fat and not very water rich. Now it's a big non-sweet fruit salad, like cucumber & tomato with some herbs, soft leafy greens or maybe bitter greens, veggies and a little dressing. This is a big change. I like this change. So the progress is definitely good news. Sticking to my diet and eating mostly whole fruits and greens (without lots of fat) takes some work. It's harder than I thought. I heard that it takes at least 90 days to change your diet. I plan on working into a greener-fruitier diet until the end of the year. So I have no doubt I'll get there. I'm in for the 90+ days...

No comments:

Blog directory