Friday, August 7, 2009

I'm Back!

I had a great time camping. I had so much fun I'm planning another trip in September. I can't wait. Even though I had a blast camping, I was not having a blast with my food options. Fruits & veggies were not a local favorite were I was staying. (Good thing I brought some dried fruit to to last me the first two days!) Coffee, baked goods, meat loaf, chicken & plenty of sandwiches were the local favorites. I did the best I could without being too 'up-tight' about it all. I did find some bananas, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, romaine lettuce & sour cherries. But not enough to feel like I was eating the way I would like to. I'm so excited to be back home & to have an abundance of fresh produce! Lucky me. Sometimes stepping away from what you have makes you see how blessed you are. Every now & then I complain about New York produce. (I'm from Northern California & I know how good & fresh produce can be.) But after having almost no options for a week, I feel like I hit the jackpot now! I will not complain again.

Today I had lots of homemade honey-lemonade, several sweet grapefruits, a banana-dandelion smoothie & a dandelion kimchi salad with avocado-celery dressing.

I'm so glad to be back. :)

No comments:

Blog directory