Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 16 of 108




Tangelos & blood oranges
Super smoothie: blended dates, frozen strawberries, baby spinach, banana & water
Banana 'cereal': blended water & medjool dates in a bowl of chopped romaine hearts & bananas
Sage cucumber 'noodles': cucumber slices & sage-avo sauce on a bed of mixed baby lettuces with chopped cucumber & tomatoes on top (-I used a potato peeler to make the noodles. They come out thin & wide. For the sauce I just blended Florida avocado, lemon juice, fresh sage, habanero pepper, tomato, baby spinach & lots'n'lots of the green cucumber peels.)
Medjool dates (-for dessert)
:)

2 comments:

Maite Ikaran said...

Hey Aimee! I tried the "blended date-lettuce cereal". Simply D E L I C I O S O! Must confess that I am addicted to dates... they have been a key ingredient during this winter. Also, blended dates+coconut flakes+banana makes a great pudding (Fernando´s suggestion). Lots of love!

AIMEELOVESYOU said...

Dates: Aren't they good? Wow. I really feel like they warm me up too. I have no complaints this winter. Date based meals or a few hot peppers in a recipe have given me all the extra-cozy warmth I need!

Pudding: That sounds super good! I'll try it. Maybe I can find young coconut & use its jelly! :) Mmmmm... we'll see....

Thanks Maite! :) Xx..

Blog directory