Thursday, April 2, 2009

Today I ate;


2.5 liters of water
Grapefruit juice (6 grapefruits)
Banana-celery smoothie (6 bananas and 2 celery stalks)
Banana-heirloom lettuce smoothie (6 bananas and lettuce)
Banana-celery smoothie (4 bananas and heirloom lettuce)
Pears (4 small Red Bartlett)
= 2200 total calories

(I exercised too! I'm back to exercising daily again. My back is feeling better and it's great news. I am really excited about it. Also, the weather is getting better and spring is here, so I look forward to working out outdoors. But, I just wanted to say, ..I think I am going to list calories or nutrients daily with the day's meals instead of exercise. I think it would help me, and maybe you, get an idea of the numbers in a raw food diet. For example; you really can't get sufficient calories unless you eat sweet fruit or fat. Non-sweet fruits, medium sweet fruits and greens really don't add up to much. They have lots of good stuff, but they are really low calorie. Balancing them with sweet fruits or fats gives your total calories a big boost. As the days pass this year you will see how it all breaks down and adds up on this blog.)

No comments:

Blog directory