Thursday, April 30, 2009

Question for AimeeLovesYou

When you are making your sauces, do you use a vitamix or food processor, or something else all together? I find that neither is very conducive to making small portions of any kinds of dressings, etc, so I was curious to know what you do...Thanks! -Lisa

It depends. If I want to make a single serving of a raw nutty dessert or an avocado cacao pudding, I do it in my coffee grinder. I had it for years and it runs smooth and washes great. If I want to make about 2 cups (anything less than that won't blend) of salad dressing I use my Vitamix blender. The trick is to put fresh tomato or citrus juice first, then chopped cucumber, tomatoes or whatever water rich foods you choose, (I don't usually use plain water in my dressings), then the rest of the ingredients on top. If you put bulky stuff first it doesn't blend, if you put only a little liquid and nothing else, it just splashes around inside. You have to put both, and make sure it's in the right order. I have a mini food processor that I sometimes make salsa in, but I rarely use it. If I want to make a very small serving of a veggie soup or fruit smoothie I use a personal blender. You can also make salad dressings in there. I hope this helps. -Xo!

No comments:

Blog directory