Monday, March 9, 2009

As fruity as it gets..




Well, I just want to post a little "heads-up" for everyone. Starting today I am getting serious about being mostly fruit.  (You are what you eat!) This includes all sweet, acid and non-sweet fruits. Examples are; olives, tomatoes, zucchini, berries, nuts, seeds, sprouted seeds like sunflower sprouts, avocados, durian, melons, cucumbers, pineapples, peppers, plums, etc.. 
I will stay on the low-fat raw vegan side. Not necessarily 80/10/10, but something close. It might be more, it might be less, it will be whatever feels best. I will include lots of fresh leafy greens and lettuces everyday. Celery smoothies and fresh vegetable juices are really good for me. I might bring in some sea veggies or root veggies too on occasion. 
This means I will have to get creative or really simple. I've always liked a salty-fatty salad dressing. I adore avocados, coconut and durian. I could eat them everyday. Finding a new rhythm in my eating habits and in the kitchen will take some work. New fruitier recipes or simply eating fruit. We will see what is in store for me this year. 
I will be blogging what I eat everyday (if possible). If any of you have a fruit to share or a low-fat vegan recipe, please share it with me. You can post a comment. Your support would feel wonderful and make this journey more fun.
Sending you sunshine, happiness and love!
Xo, A.

No comments:

Blog directory