Friday, June 25, 2010

Today

:)
Get Good Sleep: 6hrs.
Drink Enough Water: Nope. Will drink more.
Take Brisk Shower: I did.
Soak Up Sunshine: 30 minutes of sunbaking.
Breathe Fresh Air: Yes, a little while sunning, & exercising in the park.
Practice Kundalini Yoga: Yes, 50 minutes.
Sweat & Have Fun: Yes, ran stairs in the park.
Pray Before Meals: No. I keep forgetting!
Drink/Eat Light Foods: Liter of fresh OJ / Banana-stawberry smoothie / Gazpacho puree with chopped avocado & romaine lettuce
Wear Bright Colors: I wore white & red.
Experience Everyday Bliss: So much bliss today!
Getting an unexpected hug request. The kind act & good energy of that hug stayed with me all day. A gift to the giver & to the receiver. And it's free!
I saw an amazing-super-beautiful tree I had never seen before (after 16 years of walking in this lil' neighborhood).
I saw a small upright piano painted orange in the middle of the park. Little kids were playing it. It sounded so good. I asked them when the piano got there. They said it's new & it belongs to the park. The park placed it there. Wow, so cool. :) It made me smile.
I saw an african drumming band. Totally by chance. I heard the music & followed it. It was coming from a tiny cafe. Barely enough room for the band & its admirers. Today was great.

2 comments:

Maite Ikaran said...

Cool! I love reading your daily "agenda"... it is so true, there are so many nurturing things, apart from food itself (sun, breeze, exercise...)! As for praying before meals... I don´t usually do it either but I try at least to "toast" my drink or meal with the mountain that I can see from my kitchen window... this mountain is like a silent witness of all my acts... Lots of love, Maite.

AIMEELOVESYOU said...

Brilliant Maite! I forgot about that. Being half peruvian I know all about pouring some out as an offering to the "mother". To nature, to the land. Yes! I love that.

Not being a religious person (just a spiritual person) I don't really pray in a formal way. I thought maybe I would say this--> "In this food I see clearly the presence of the entire universe supporting my existence." It's buddhist. Part of a longer verse. I have another quote I like too. I was trying to find something that resonates with me.

But the truth is, I've just been gobbling all my food! Totally forgetting to pray, bless it, give thanks share it, leave an offering, etc. I just gobble & go! (*laughing*) That is why "pray" is on the list. Not so much for religion, but for grace. Grace on all levels. I need it! :) I need more grace & less food! (*laughing*) I will continue to work at it.

Toast to you Maite! Salut!

Xo!
A.

Blog directory